My brother works on a blueberry and cranberry farm 5 miles down the road. The owner is always clearing trees somewhere it seems. There's almost...
I used to use a 2x8 that was about 7'-8' long to do the same thing. I placed the board on the bottom of the beam. Suited me well until I bought...
Would make a great designated driver!
Even if my wife offered, I would decline. Firewood time is for me to be alone with my work and my thoughts. I don't need anything else besides...
I would agree with that. Gloves typically go on once it's in the 20's or below but I still feel I can't grip the splits the way I should be able...
I haven't read this whole thread so I don't know if this has been said yet or not but from my experience, poplar rots faster than many other types...
I really can't understand gloves for handling firewood. I only use them if it's cold enough out and I still don't like them. I feel like I lose...
That big stuff sure is time consuming
It is my sole source of heat. Once the house hits mid 60's, I fire it up. Usually around 10/10-10/15 around here.
That bright yellow ring is a sign of black walnut. I have also found that black locust, around here at least) doesn't grow so perfectly round -...
Gotta love log lifts. Just curious though, is it just a single wedge?
Mulberry. Really nice burning wood. I have found it dries pretty quickly too.
That's not the state, that's your town. No dog police in my town in NJ
Easy splitting wood right there!
1940
Oh they will!
Should be $80 a cord. It will be in log length
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Title is just what it sounds. Here's the pile after I neatened it up with the forks. All oak for $100. Hard to tell from the...
I delivered 95 cords in 5 weekends...as a side job. How did I do on the pumping up? :)
I sent you a private message.