If I had cut that wood here in Iowa (and I did cut a little of it last week) it would be Black Walnut. No way that is Bur Oak, been cutting it for...
I never cover green wood, dont see the point in 40 years of wood burning.
They get under my tarps to have a picnic with the walnuts.
I thought maybe Norman was pulling our leg but now I wonder. He makes some statements that I agree with and some that are silly. His set up and...
Exactly so I cover what I will need this year! 35 mph winds can pack snow in like you would not believe.
Here is a little information that I mostly agree with taking in the variables that can be involved so some of the time frames might be different...
Did I read that correctly, the OP is burning Oak that is 40%, I would be concerned about creosote build up with that much moisture.
I buy them I smoke them and hopefully I dont buy any turds.
Nothing "unsafe" about single wall. Where did you get that idea?
I can easily get Oak to 15% in one year but that was dead when cut, I have some green Oak I cut this fall so in a year I can tell you how mine did.:D
The pre EPA stoves liked dry wood also but many in the past ignored the fact and you still see posts to this day that people think the reason...
Yep, water dont burn!
LOL, every time I read some thing like that it amuses me, I dont need a moisture meter either but I was curious so I bought a cheap one (all you...
This is what I read.
Do all those stoves you list work with a 6 inch chimney? Did I not read she had that size chimney?
Ordered my supply for the holidays, an Alec Bradley sampler and 6 RP Ocean Clubs. Should be set till next year.:thumbs:
Very interesting thread, two things come to mind, size does matter and in some cases heating a home with wood there will be some trade offs. My...
I agree but no reason to learn how to run your stove in a unsafe manner, which happens a lot.
I remember whacking away at funky pieces of wood (odd shaped pieces, y's ect.) and now with the hyd. splitter life is easier, one of the better...
Running a wood stove (no matter what kind it is, cat, non cat, pre EPA) should not be difficult what so ever as long as you have a good draft and...