I like pulling trees down when I need them to fall a certain way, over the years I have used my cable quite a few times. A good rope will work...
Do you have a cable and tractor or good pickup?
If he is burning wet wood the flue temps still come into play, smoldering dry wood in a stove produces creosote also.
I was talking about when there were a lot farmers and they had to take care of the crops both in the spring and fall so wood was cut when the time...
Do you monitor flue temps? The whole key to preventing creosote hinges on flue temps.
Thats the standard low temperature (surface) for a flue pipe 18 inches or so above the stove. Recommended max length of single wall pipe is 5 or 6...
Don't really agree with how you define "old school" as dry wood has been preached long before the first EPA stove hit the market. I think old...
I do cover mine (for this winter) entirely and have never noticed a problem, but you bring up a good point.
To be fair to LodgedTree, he is drying the wood in the house so maybe not as bad as it sounds?
Well I wonder how you define "old school", when I first started burning wood in the 70's I bought a book and it talked about drying wood outside...
That's good because you are running a lot of water through your stove, do you monitor the flue temps also. One chimney fire will change the way...
With all due respect burning wet wood and losing a significant amount of heat to having to evaporate the water makes no sense what so ever. It's...
Makes great charcoal for fireworks black powder also.:D
You could always just throw a bucket of water in your stove to achieve the same results.
I was told the glossy colored was worse then the dull colored but not sure. A little paper for starting fires and that's it, no glued wood...
I changed it a little-you can lead a horse to water but you can't make it think.
Even cutting in the spring and having it dry for the long summer will work well, did that for 20 years or so and never had any sizzlers or...
Not sure I understand how it could be the stove's fault, keeping the flue temp above 250 degrees should keep creosote to a minimum.
How is that working out for you, as I age I find I need to back off on how much I drink, no more then 3 at a time now. I did buy some of the...
Neat little stove for sure but finding a place for it to be useful could be a challenge.