LOL-The OP said he wanted to be safer so I ask a question about why he thought it was safer. I quoted your post because you said the double wall...
I have the heavier single wall and it's really strong and rigid, the cheaper thin stuff (I wont buy that) is more flimsy but not to the point of...
Been running single wall for just about 40 years and no problem keeping the flue temp in the range it needs to be for efficient burning. If you...
I dont agree, if installed correctly (buy the good stuff) it is just as safe as double wall.
You might as everyone knows it stands for Burger King.
Sorry but when my wood gets to 15% thats as good as it gets no matter the age. I have burnt one year Ash, two Ash, 3 year Ash and cant tell any...
Wow, I would say you like to make your point also. People have mistaken the 3 year plan (as you have even stated in the past) so just trying to...
There is some cross talk here as the posts have got mixed up and no way can I explain it now.:D Here where I live (NW Iowa) the best wood I can...
Holy crap, all I was trying to do was give some information on drying wood, not peeing on any ones parade.
That is what I am talking about. I thought it was obvious.
Maybe we should start a new thread as BWS thinks we are dumping on his 3 year plan when all we are doing is talking about how long it takes wood...
LOL, off the rails as one thing led to another and BWS said we should start a new thread, oh never mind.
The thread started with the OP asking how to count the years so off the rails I guess.:hair:
Not sure why you think we need a new thread, I think it's important people dont get the wrong idea on how long it takes for wood to dry, I have...
No scoffing here, just stating that it does not take 3 years for wood to dry, the 2, 3, 4 year or more plan is still a good idea. I have yet to...
That would imply that it is not as safe as double wall, so the question still stands.
"Perhaps the most important aspect of woodworking deals with the relationship between wood and moisture. A fundamental fact is that wood is...
Some woods get to a certain percent and don't dry any more, here in NW Iowa it seems to be about 15 %, so I dont care how old the wood is as long...
As sore as cutting wood makes me lately (getting old) I think I need to go to a 15 year plan and be done with it.
Well the information about dry wood has been around a long time, if some decided to ignore it (as some still do) then I dont consider that old...