Once you smell damp (wet) creosote you wont forget it.
It's pretty simple for the most part, a hot fire is an efficient fire!
A non-commercial service in support of responsible home heating with wood - How to Build & Maintain a Wood Fire
That's interesting as it was designed for DCEP. "E6011 = designed to be used with DCRP (Electrode +) but can be used on AC. All positions, less...
That was a good article dingbat, much better then the few things I read.
It probably is, if you look it up on the internet sounds like some like it some dont (both the 6011 and 6010).
Yep I intend to do some studying on the subject and I have an installer I can trust also, I need a cooling unit too.
I run the 6011 on DC reverse polarity, it works better then running it on AC but it can be run on AC if I remember correctly.
Carbine, is 6010 a better choice for pipe certs, I used to weld in a packing plant and welded all sorts of dirty metal plus a lot of galv. metal...
I hate 6010 but the 6011 is great for me.
Interesting thread, I have never had anything but wood heat in this house since it was built in 1980 but at age 66 it's time to install something...
I honestly thought the OP was going to show a picture of a stack of wood on fire. :rofl: :lol:
Is that a model they had trouble with?
Glad to see good advice in this thread about keeping the flue temps up using marginal wood (or good wood for that matter), that point seems to get...
Ok for the most part, now that I am retired I don't have to work in it at least, chewing through the Oak keeping the house warm but that's why I...
I hope all is well and everyone makes it through the storm safely.
I have several hundred feet of this stuff, nice rope and 20,000 to boot. Tow Ropes 3/4" (20,000 lb)
-33 wind chill this morning (and it's gonna get colder) switched to 90% Oak a little over a week ago.
I have no idea how this would work, but it's black. LEE FiltersBlack Aluminum Foil - 12
You are correct, years ago I thought there was a much bigger difference (just checked prices online), now it seems much closer, that is with the...