Well Seasoned brings up a good point. "This is a common question you might be asking yourself when you are getting ready to purchase a stainless...
You have a nice house there. I would do it in a few months again so you have an idea of what it is doing, pick a nice day when the temps are in...
Sounds like you are doing everything correctly, not sure why it would look like that in just a few months.
I am surprised you have that much creosote in a few months time then, I dont get much at all in one winter but then I tend to run my flue a little...
Iowa's weather is like a box of chocolates, you never know what you are going to get!:D
Do you monitor your flue temps?
That's pretty good, a clean joke you can tell anybody!:thumbs:
Never had a problem with my HF one, I have tried it in everything from fresh cut green wood to construction lumber and it always gives me readings...
Another day in NW Iowa. -4°F Feels Like -24°F [IMG] Mostly Cloudy
A lot more people winter there then a few decades ago, if there is snow they have a lot of places to ride snowmobile and a winter festival at the...
We dont get the snow up here like we did when I was a kid and it usually melts before we get a new covering. We had three snow storms late last...
1200 on the prob is maybe 800 on the surface (single wall) so not a problem, it was hard to keep ahead of my Summit and it's flue temps, 800...
I did find it interesting that North America is the only place in the world right now that is colder then normal, arn't we lucky?
Nice place you have there, love the dead Oak, does not take as long to dry and the heat given off is impressive.
Nice, a very popular area here in the middle of all the farmland, a lot of the summer was dry until later on, some bad storms in the area.
Nope, about 40 minutes is all.
A non-commercial service in support of responsible home heating with wood - Too much charcoal? Here is the solution
More people from Iowa here, that's nice!
You have me beat.:D Currently at Spencer, IA Last update 33 minutes ago -3°F Feels Like -22°F [IMG] Sunny
Below zero here again and Bur Oak and White Ash are on the menu.