Yep for sure, I pizzed off some people the last time the topic came up. Edit-I am still not sure why or how that happened.
It comes from the the secondary tubes not being able to keep up with the extra gases, like I said before I doubt it happens under most (normal)...
Nope not at all, but some new to the scene and or people with storage limitations might want to know and where they stand so I think it could be a...
I have seen the stove go crazy with wood that had a little punk in it, secondaries look like blow torches for a short period of time but never...
Because of the EMC few will see wood too dry, I guess it could happen is some hot dry climates otherwise it usually happens with kiln dried wood.
No matter how old the wood the lowest readings I get are about 15% more or less so pretty much what you are finding, depending on the wood and...
Active Advisories NOT GOOD Blizzard Warninguntil Tue 12:00 am 32°F Feels Like 16°F [IMG] Cloudy with Heavy Snow
Home made, I found the picture on Pinterest, a lot of real nice home made stoves on there, I have no details on the stove.
I have nothing against the Pats its just they have won too much for too long, I understand that if you are a Pat fan they can never win too...
Quick hot fires and let it go out for the most part works great, you learn how to do it when the wood stove is the only source of heat for 40...
The pre EPA stoves work great for a shop, the non cat EPA stoves tend to coal up when driven hard.
You gotta love the temp swings, in the 40's last couple of days so over heating the house is real easy now but snow storm coming tomorrow and...
Unless you have one of these and then you load it U/D (up-down). [IMG]
Finally a nice break in the weather, my Oak is not disappearing at any where near the rate is was a few days ago. 39°F Feels Like 32°F [IMG] Sunny
Nice story, I am a little surprised it let you pick it up with out a tussle, glad the deer and you are OK.:thumbs:
Not sure I understand your point, if the wood is dry it's dry, are you saying you think his wood is not dry enough? Edit-The reason I asked is I...
Midwinter , that looks like something you see on X-Files.:D
I don't think you will have any problem running the wood N/S, I have a pre EPA stove that I ran for 30 years and always loaded it N/S, I only...
I would have cleaned it also, I guess I thought that was the OP's plan.
We're having a heat wave a tropical heat wave.:whistle: 11°F Feels Like -6°F [IMG] Sunny