We do the same
47 out and 69 in. If it drops to 68 in I'm starting a fire. Maybe I should open a couple windows to insure it happens.
Big house, very drafty, poor insulation. Now have a 1300 square foot tight and well insulated house. Two cords and about 25 gallons of fuel oil...
I used to have an 1830's farmhouse that took 8 cord/year to heat in the Newmac combo furnace. We would pack about 6 cords in the basement in the...
I picked beans out of the garden yesterday. Unheard of this late. July was cold so things came later than usual.
Most libtard ideas are short sighted
I definitely wouldn't pay $100. This isn't much better than wood I've seen for free on Craigslist around here. I've actually snagged 2 different...
If advertised as free range you should be able to double your price.
We had our 16 plus Golden/Chow put down about a month ago. We got her from the shelter when she was 8. Very badly abused. Scared of everything,...
I have plywood behind the wood rack on the porch to protect the vinyl siding from an oops. It gets brittle when cold.
We get almost no legit calls on our landline so we have the ringers turned off. If it's important from anyone that matters they will call the...
44 out. Started at 66 in. 75 in now.
We have had 3 small fires so far. Sometime soon I will briefly fire up the oil furnace to make sure it still works.
51/71 lumber cutoffs
My experience with splitting elm without hydraulics is you have to hit the happy medium. Not green unless it is frozen and not completely dry. I...
I take a picture of a stack when completed, giving me a date so I know how long it has seasoned and which to use next.
52/72 Lumber cutoffs
I have a wooden shipping crate in my attached garage which holds about a weeks worth that is my Blizzard/SHTF insurance policy. It is filled with...
I only cut a couple cords a year and love hand splitting with my Fiskars.
We do too