3 inches of snow here
26/73 white birch shorts
Shortly after the opening of the TSC near me I had gotten there before opening on a Saturday. No hours of operation sign on the door. I came back...
38/73 Just coals from last night
26 out and 73 in Nothing but last nights coals so far
50 here Lumber cutoffs
25/73 White birch First relight from coals of the season
35/76 lumber cutoffs and uglies
Let it freeze and it should pop right apart with a maul. That has been my experience.
Pure genius. I'm sure he's getting max btu's and no creosote with this method
We only use propane for hot water and cooking. When I moved here in 1992 I was using one 100# cylinder a month for about $30. Several years...
36 out. No fire last night so 65 and climbing. Still working on shorts and uglies.
I think even most of the defenders can't justify much of the unnecessary, senseless, damaging crap going on now.
I bought my first house in 1983. Interest rates dropped from 12% to 11.5% a couple weeks before closing. That was a big deal.
I buy two 30 packs at a time so as to insure I don't run out due to supply chain issues. One gets drank and the other stashed. Repeat.
Boxelder splits are kinda cool looking
I've gotten them several times when burning elm.
27/73 shorts and uglies
27/72 uglies
I sided part of my woodshed with a salvaged redwood hot tub that had similar curves. Built in 1997 and still solid.