I agree
26/69 apple
25/71 apple We had about a half inch of snow overnight
30 and raining. Glad we are home for the day.
I use an 18 inch stick and a sharpie
I put a tarp down before I load. After I get some of the weight out I pull the tarp to the back.
I've had a lot of them and we definitely have clay soil around here.
14/73 Apple and white birch
19/74 hard maple
It seemed to happen when the wind was very strong out of the northwest. I would have loaded the stove to either go to bed or go to work and closed...
I get some but don't find them to be a problem
I had an uncle whose house always smelled like a combination of pipe tobacco smoke and wood smoke.
My stove will be uncontrollable with certain wind conditions. It doesn't happen very often but when it does the pipe thermometer gets well into...
I love elm. Great firewood. I find when it is about half dry and frozen is the best time to split it. I only split by hand so impossible pieces...
I have learned a lot here both about all aspects of heating with wood but also about life in general. I also love the banter. This is the best...
Mine too!
14/74 6 inches of snow from the weekend. Hard Maple
31/76 Lumber cutoffs. Snow coming around noon.
We do the same
Firewood, Beer, Ammo