3 above and dropping. 16 mph wind 72 Burning down coals with Pine
In January 2006 I was walking out of my attached garage to get my wife's car out of the detached garage. It was about 6am, 46 degrees and pouring...
22/72 hard maple 22 mph wind gusting to 32.
I had heard of it many years ago. My thought was why would you go to all that effort to have dry firewood only to throw wet garbage in the stove?
24/71 white birch and hard maple Bunch of mixed crap coming today and already quite windy
My stove will take 22 inch splits EW. I cut 18 inches and it seems to work well. Fires last through the night and will easily relight from coals...
My problem is that the less I do the more I eat so this time of year it's easy to pack it on.
7/71 apple and hard maple
20/75 Apple and hard maple
Iron wood or hop hornbeam
A large part of my wood is SBH, hardhack, and hard maple. I don't really set it aside but if it's in the rack on the porch and the weather turns...
I take a picture of the tree when cut and a picture of it stacked which gives me a time reference. I also date a few ends in the stack.
2/69 Burning down last nights SBH coals with pine
10 and going down 69 and going up. Hickory and hard maple
My half inch ratchet crapped out. I took it in for replacement. They didn't have any of that style in stock so my options were having that one...
30 and going down 74 and going up. Apple. Mixed precip turning to snow with wind
We keep the living area 74-78ish which leaves the bedroom about 65 along with the adjoining bathroom. We have a small electric heater in the...
33/75 Lumber cutoffs
We didn't heat with wood when I was a kid. I'm not sure why since we definitely weren't well off. In retrospect, I'm glad we didn't because I...
30/74 hard maple