19/72 Feels nice after so much subzero
I take pictures when the tree is cut and when it's stacked
-6/72 apple Last subzero weather for at least 10 days. I'm looking forward to getting out to do something more than just get the mail.
16/73 Sun has been pouring through the windows for several hours so I let the coals burn down in preparation for another subzero night. This is...
I prefer square but don't go to great lengths to get them.
11/72 White Birch
Friday is usually Beer run day. Thanks to careful, well planned hoarding last Fall, I'm skipping it today in all the snow and wind.
14/71 Burning an assortment from my SHTF stash in the attached garage. We've only got about 6 inches of snow so far but it has been blown...
37/72 lumber cutoffs Rain changing to snow around noon
We get just about everything in the next 4 days. 40's today t0 -4 Saturday. Wind, sun, clouds, rain, snow.
5/72 In the thirties for 3 days starting today
73/14 The local tv weather guy said this month is shaping up to be the coldest January since 2009 and the coldest month since February 2013.
I can't imagine not heating with wood. I love everything about it and would do some even if oil was free. I bought 167 gallons of oil in June 2020...
Actually I just ordered a metal litter scoop from Walmart. It will be here tomorrow.
That is a great idea! My wheels are turning thinking of what I have here I could make one from. Worst case scenario is a trip to the hardware store.
-2/69 Burning down coals with Basswood. This is the last of the subzero until next Friday and Saturday. That will make either 4 or 5 subzero...
My stove will take 22 inches E/W and only 12 N/S. I load 18 inch splits and E/W as far to the right as I can. I have some 2 inch thick pieces of...
72/2 Apple and hard maple
The storm is supposed to go about 40 miles south of us. I have plenty of beer in case it changes course.
23/72 I had a strange experience yesterday. Temperature was in the teens with a strong south wind. I couldn't get the pipe temperature above 200....