Big thanks to buZZsaw BRAD for the lead, about 20 minutes from home. The perfect sized Chevy Colorado load of white mulberry. A few large rounds...
Thanks, that looks just like the huge mulberry at the bottom of my street. Next time you’re up here I’ll show it to you.
Would someone mind screenshotting what you’re seeing because this is all I’m seeing. TIA :confused: [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Growth rings match elm, as does your description of the smell. The little sucker limbs evidenced in the boards fits too. I’ll buy the elm verdict.
:rofl: :lol:
Leave it to a machinist to mount a digital readout to his sawmill ;) I may or may not have taken out my dial calipers once or twice when I was...
Like others have said, I light a fire whenever it’s warranted. The earliest I’ve done it was around the fall equinox when I woke up to the low 40s...
At the end of this raised bed I have a couple cinder blocks where I grow marigolds each year, to attract the pollinators. Behind that the sweet...
Tabasco peppers are just starting to come into their prime. That’s a small planter box full of black locust seedlings behind it too, the largest...
Half joking. They didn’t hire a small army for a dog and pony show. It’ll be really interesting to see who they end up going after, and for what....
Well Brad, if we don’t hear from you ever again I’ll assume one of the 87,000 new armed recruits came for you in the small hours of the night....
Based on the description of small leaves I’ll agree with your Siberian elm verdict. Red elm has the largest leaves of the 3 species mentioned. I...
The red elms have a very coarse feel to the leaves, almost like 150 grit sandpaper. The one in my backyard has leaves that vary in size from about...
Beautiful setup Joe. :thumbs: Between the mantel, the derringers on the wall, the marksmanship trophies, the Bavarian cuckoo clock (I have almost...
This little scrap of flat sawn American chestnut is a deep look into the past. It made its way to me through an old retired coworker that mills...
Looks good Mike :thumbs: I think it's a fair estimation to call that woodyard Nirvana. I know when I'm outside looking at mine, especially when...
LOL I've thought about it as I've worked with these guys for 22 years... :whistle: I'll need a cant hook next time I'm bucking rounds from this...
This was on River Road, same backroad we cut the BL on in January 2021. This past winter/spring, a tree crew came in and pushed back the wood line...
I came across this and found it interesting. This is a little background to the shelter belts in the Midwest. As a native New Englander, I take...
Sirchopsalot that’s my 7 year old in the truck. When he’s in the mood he’ll help me out moving wood all afternoon. Today, not so much :) But he’s...