This guy in upstate New York is growing a few chinquapins, along with many different cultivars of chestnuts from pure American to hybrids of...
This was a tree that came down next door to me during Isaias in August 2020. I split it on the thin side to dry it faster, so it should be good to...
Luckily I have a few stove loads of Shagbark to burn this year. Not a lot obviously but enough to get a better feel for the stuff. This stack is...
In The Wood Wolverine ’s honor I’m going to fire up a mixed load of elm AND hickory on the first frigid day this winter ;) If I had to pick just...
Nice! Those should produce well for many years to come. Being from Missouri, do you ever come across any surviving Ozark Chinquapins?
I was out running errands tonight and went 2-3 miles out of my way to snatch that smaller log :whistle: I found another one pinched under a large...
I’m definitely getting the other shorter log, and while I’m there I’ll take another look to see if they left any of the limbs. Hickory of any kind...
If it was red maple or yellow birch covered in poison ivy I’d have left it in the ditch I found it in. From my experience with the little bit of...
There’s a few log lengths of dead ash that’s still worth messing with, although the smaller stuff is getting mealy. The larger trunks look solid...
I thought I was done… but it’s hard to pass on hickory. There’s one more shorter log there I plan to get too. Unfortunately it’s further down the...
Randomly stumbling across a surviving roadside American chestnut loaded with burs never gets old for me. If the trees can sexually reproduce on...
Oh those were all furry poison ivy vines wrapping the entire log :whistle: Fingers crossed I don’t get it too bad. The last couple times I’ve cut...
Another roadside score from the same location that I got last month’s American elm. Morathis Fantabulous Ulmus Maximus Several trees felled and...
I hope we get at least a couple good storms this winter. I actually enjoy it when a blizzard hits, especially if I can't make it into work :) My...
Right you are :) [ATTACH]
With all this talk of fall coming fast, I figured some Halloween-ish music is in order. [MEDIA]
-Rest in peace [ATTACH]
Sorry to hear, but that sounds like the right, selfless thing to do helping someone in need :handshake:
:rofl: :lol: I'm sure there are plenty of people that are enthralled with the idea, but they might become disenchanted once they arrive just like...
Rather than struggle with an axe/maul, or spend money renting a splitter, why not noodle them in half with your saw? Either that or slice it into...