Red definitely dries fast like silver. I’ve had no problem getting it below 20% in less than a year (top covered) The bonus is that it coals much...
Warner that is one sweet setup! Stacked right to the floor joists! I like your 2X4 end stops running from the pallets to the joists. No fooling...
They’re not even birch :rofl: :lol: That’s quaking aspen ;)
Back at the endless organization project. This week I decided to set up another pile utilizing one of the long pallets I scored a couple years...
Sweet! That hickory is looking :drool: 25 people wanted it and you're the lucky (motivated) one to reap the spoils :thumbs:
I work in a union shop that is a major defense contractor for the government. We just signed our last contract with the company back in May. This...
Nice pile of boards there. Looks like you've got some cedar staged up behind it too (or hemlock without the bark?) Is this going to be siding for...
If it does it better knock down the 70’ bitternut hickory in my backyard :dex:
I’d leave it on. For all the extra gas you’ll burn up in your splitter trying to shave it off, plus your time, only to end up with really thin...
47 this morning at my house. No fire yet but but it won't be long. Then again, I drained my pool yesterday which could bring another month of 90+...
If I was home more often to reload, I’d probably hoard a little cottonwood. Other than the downside of burning fast, I thought it lit off easily...
I’m jealous :tears: Last year I went through a face cord of chestnut oak from December into early January. Some beautiful burning stuff there...
Let us know how it burns when the time comes. There’s a couple in a yard across town that I only recently learned what they were. The purple...
It's not set in stone yet, but I have a good idea of which piles I want to convert into BTUs this year. To start the season off I have about half...
Nice little addition to your inventory. :thumbs: Looks like it just missed squashing those American chestnut sprouts too :yes:
I’ve been carrying this one around for about 10 years, and it shows. Columbia River Knife and Tool, made in Oregon. I started carrying it whenever...
It’s only 72 but still oppressively humid. Looks like we’ll be in the high 40s for lows later this week! That’s going to feel amazing. I’ve had...
If you were to tell me 10 years ago that I’d be making X amount per year while simultaneously fitting the “working poor category”, I’d have told...
I concur 100% :handshake: My Echo CS-370 with the 16” bar does well in that role.
I just finished splitting what I got so far. Looks to be a few cold days worth of heat :thumbs: It’s only stacked in a temporary location for the...