Beauteous. Cherry might not win any awards in the BTU battles, but it still holds a coal bed for a while and smells great doing it :drool:
Gee golly, I hope you didn't spend it all in one place :picard: Been there, done that. 5% increases when you're low man to begin with amounts to...
[ATTACH]
On this we can agree :handshake:
I distinctly remember my aforementioned good friend saying "I'm all set" when he disconnected his boiler, sold his splitter and 2 of his chain...
That is an awesome setup! Nice pictures with the 3 generations of ladies enjoying the spot too :yes:
It’s coming, stay strong :) [ATTACH]
If you run out of pine and want more I can bring a load of 2+ year dried stuff. I usually drop off a couple loads of regular hardwood to my...
This Sammy Davis Jr fellow seems very sure of himself. BTUs are are somehow lost in the drying process :picard: I guess that’s just “his truth”...
When you get up in the morning and there’s a deep coal bed, rake the coals forward, put a few splits of that white pine on and open the air up all...
A good friend of mine is looking to get back into burning wood this year. Originally he got out of it because fuel oil prices went way down and he...
I'm glad I can ignore them concerning my own house, but for family members that have to buy hundreds of gallons every winter, I try to stay...
I'm glad I'm stocked up on firewood :picard: I was thinking about taking it easy on the hoarding for a bit, but I'm sure there will be people I...
Wow! That’s an amazing resource. I can see (just as I suspected) where my house is was just a wooded area even back then. Being on a long steep...
I wonder if that’s the Atlantic white cedar I spotted in one of your guys’ posts a while back? You’re in the native range being close enough to...
Silver maple looks correct, what you’re calling Hawthorn looks like apple/crabapple
That’s a real shame Joe. That whole area by the opera house and down to Gillette Castle is gorgeous. I’m kind of glad I’ve only passed through a...
It'll be fine, it's only surface moisture. Just a couple dry days is enough (in my area anyway) to dry wood that got doused.
Now that you mention it... my first thought yesterday was man, this guy must have the most knot-free hemlock logs in the entire state! Hey, I'm...
I believe this is the post you're referring to. Tree ID tips for newbie's [ATTACH]