I saw a few different methods and this one seemed the easiest way for me to work it, with what I have. Some people were putting the whole shelled...
I barely made a dent in my acorn stash :picard: Here’s the first batch of flour in-process. One part shelled acorns to 3 parts water run through...
Not without cleaning it every week :) I try not to let it get too bad, otherwise it becomes a serious chore. A little fine stove ash mixed with...
Nothing wrong with poplar. :yes: I'll hoard more of it whenever the opportunity presents itself, and I have an abundance of "better" species in my...
Time to toughen up. Several months of high temperatures have thinned out my blood and left me unprepared for the 45 degrees I woke up to at 4:00am...
I love the Full Metal Jacket reference ;) 3 feet is my limit, and it better be straight grained oak on level ground where I can drive right up,...
This year is a bumper crop (mast year) for the large red oak in my front yard. The whole yard is carpeted in acorns, and I’ve been pitching them...
I don't think they want us completely disarmed, just reduced to single shot 0.177 caliber break barrel air rifles :picard:
That’s what I did with black locust seeds and it definitely works. Pretty high germination rate after you soften that protective coating on the...
That was a good time. We “only” had about 2 feet in Bristol, and were stuck in our apartment for 3 days. Eventually a Caterpillar pay loader came...
I remember that storm well… I was watching the satellite images from the safety of my air conditioned apartment in Florida :rofl: :lol: 4 months...
:picard: I’ve tried watching that guy a few times but it was tough. He strikes me as the type of person that advocates point to when they want to...
It’s rare (around here) to find the wild types with the seed pods. I’d snatch a few up and do some guerrilla planting next spring :cool:
Although I'm still in the building stage (got it framed up in May, haven't touched it since :whistle:) if I had to do it over I wouldn't have dug...
From what I personally would consider top-shelf, in order from the most to least plentiful species I come across: red oak sugar maple black birch...
[ATTACH]
rainking63 I don’t know if you’re aware of it or not, but there’s a famous tree at the library in your town. Back in May I actually stopped by to...
Holy smokes you aren’t fooling around with that setup! With a big trailer like that, and the machine coming along for the ride, I’ll bet there...
I wasn’t too anxious for winter to come, but that picture almost made me wish it was closer. :) The red maples here are just starting to turn in...
45 minutes ago right over my house 2 LOUD fighter jets hard on the throttle came out of nowhere, just above the tree line heading north towards...