Hopefully it splits easier. You ever process any sycamore Joe?
Couple times I had some if was not fun. Like elm. Won't touch the stuff.
I would go all in on sycamore. If it is, all the power to ya for turning it into firewood.
Glad to help. I have five Stihl dealers within 20 minutes of me so i'd price around. If you find a dealer you like and they have a good...
My research shows them $1000-1100 around here so the price is on par IMO. Maybe they are cheaper in Chud's area. My opinion...buy the saw with...
Yup that's BL. Nice find. Perfect outdoor wood. Outlasts pressure treated 3 to 1
Looks like cottonwood
Hi-visibility monster Jeff, hi-visibility! :D
I just looked it up. This is copied from google Uses[edit] The young leaves can be eaten if gathered before the prickles harden. They are then...
Good looking load of wood there!
Crazy looking thing. Now that you know will it be turned into firewood? :D
I've been working too many hours! :D Great job helping him out Jason! :thumbs:
LOL!!! I have to make a step for the slider and he wanted me to extend it for the kitties so instead of 6' it will be 8' long. On the list of...
Very rare that I can repurpose old siding to match. Some is more faded and some dinged up but does blend well. They may reside in a few years....
Look like elusive shagbark to me, but there are a couple other varieties that look similar that aren't common around here.
I hope you got insurance for this one? :whistle: Does your homeowners cover blunt impact trauma on OPE? ;)
Well if I had my choice it would be mostly red maple and SS woods, but scroungers cant be choosy. I scored a lot of sugar maple and black birch....
Nice to see you again. :salute: I was wondering where you've been. Thought maybe you were abducted by some wood hoarding aliens or something?...
Gotta keep restocking, I know the feeling. Ill mix in SS wood when I have too much heavier primo woods...sugar maple, black birch, and sometimes...
I see sugar maple in every pic. I process a lot of it. Common tree and score around here. Better than oak and dries in a year.