Good luck with the new kid. Remember, boss is double sob spelled backwards! :D
It might be the larva starting to pupate. I've found half worm, half winged bugs in punky maple.
Calling JB Sawman He has milled a lot of BL.
Are those ones you would normally take or just for fun in this thread?
X3 on red oak. Pretty sure buzz-saw has used red oak for smoking. Maybe he can chime in.
Dung beetle larvae! :rofl: :lol: Just kidding. One of the seemingly endless creepy crawlies that like to eat wood!
Uh oh! I think someone has CAD! Its okay John, most of us have at one time or another.
As long as you could get it to start! :D JBYB Husky guys!
Well between my four location I think I'm in the neighborhood of 50. I have four here at home, four of BL right down the street, maybe ten at...
Wonder what the current score is? Looking like you'll be the one to beat Jim.
I process it with a chain saw and a log splitter!!! :D All kidding aside, I'll take hickory when given the chance. Don't get a lot of it even...
Most I see around here are yard plantings. I cant say I've seen one in the wild around here. One in four trees in CT are red maple's so common...
Looked at some big silver maple yesterday. Random tree service lengths and too big. Not for me. Ive had it twisty and I've had it nice and straight.
Yeah I hate that. Go to split it and surprise. Same with red maple.
I have a battle axe ! :eek: :rofl: :lol: Nice job on the handles guys! :thumbs:
I have some oak that's from 2020. With your drying system you rotate inventory fast. I'm still impressed with that fast drying oak. I did...
Are you a "snob" when it comes to choosing wood for inventory? I try to avoid gnarly stuff. Quality of split my main criteria regardless of...
Some cool looking slabs. A Stihl bar on a Jonsered? :faint:
Congrats! :thumbs: Now get out there and cut some wood with it. Be sure to post pics.
X2. The only 063 I run is on the 261 and I think the 026 & 028 have it as well.