I moved into the 1830s farmhouse I mentioned earlier in November 1985. It had a wood/oil furnace but I had no wood and no money. By January I had...
7 years in an 1830s farmhouse burning 8 cords a year and 30 years in a 1300 sq ft house burning 2-3 cords a year
5/71 Cherry and hard maple
I was thinking the same thing
15/73 hard maple Snowing quite hard. This will be the 3rd Friday in a row of no Beerrun due to weather. Fortunately I topped off the hoard last...
I had access to a bunch of boxelder about 10 years ago. I bet I got 5 or 6 cords. No bugs that I can remember. Ok wood but not great. Price was right.
73/13 hard maple 6-10 inches tomorrow
48/70 Lumber cutoffs. No overnight fire
22/73 Cherry Roller coaster ride the next few days. 50s tomorrow down to teens overnight. Rain, wind from different directions, snow Thursday...
17/74 Snowing on top of the ice from yesterday. Should be good for orthopedic surgeons.
I'm going to use more hoarded beer rather than go on my Friday beer run in this crap. I'm going to replenish the hoard in the near future.
32/72 hard maple Rain supposed to change to snow. Should be quite the mess.
We stopped watching the NFL when all the kneeling was going on and the league condoned it. My wife is from Illinois so she used to enjoy the Bulls...
39/72 Back in the deep freeze tonight for a couple days
I like knowing that no matter how much politicians screw things up, my heat for the next few years is on site and paid for.
About 16 inches
27/70 It's going to be warm enough for a few days that enough snow might melt to make cutting feasible again.