Look what I found hiding in plain sight :eek: Old chestnut telegraph pole. The cross pieces with the threaded ends for the insulators are pine,...
I hope you didn’t sign up here thinking this was some sort of 12 step fellowship for firewood hoarders looking to kick their habit. Quite the...
24 here and I’m burning more black locust mixed with a little spruce. It’s been below freezing since early Friday evening and I don’t mind it one...
Nice work and thanks for sharing. Looks like a perfect day in the woods :yes: Although I’m off for most of this week, I won’t be out cutting...
I’m an hour and a half into an all-night black locust burn. Hopefully I can wake up and open the air all the way up in the middle of the night....
Not as packed as some of you do it, but this will work for me for the next 12 hours. [ATTACH]
Could be the native red mulberry as opposed to the white that has become so prevalent. The forest setting is correct.
Very nice straight black locust with the bark coming off. Excellent score :thumbs:
My mind goes back to when I was growing up, specifically to when I read “To Build a Fire” by Jack London. It’s a very fine line between life and...
16 and slowly rising to the high 20s later. Right now I’ve got a load of white oak and hickory burning, while the coffee is brewing. There’s a...
The 9:30pm reload of white oak on Christmas Eve left me with plenty of coals at 7:30 this morning for an easy relight. It’s 16 now and rising to...
It’s as cold as it’s going to get here, at 9 degrees. I just reloaded the stove with white oak on a deep bed of black locust coals.
The firewood geek in me has to point out the obvious here. There’s black locust in that pile :) It kind of doesn’t surprise me, as seeds were...
Looks like we’re bottomed out at 6 degrees here this morning. I just got the stove roaring back to life with a mix of spruce and black locust.
Watching the weather today I was wondering how you were doing down there Ralphie Boy! Looks like you’re fresh out of degrees! :rofl: :lol: I still...
I cleaned out the stove and just got a fire established with some cherry, hickory and a couple splits of black locust. It’s 39 here and the...
55 turned into 39 by the time I got home at 3:30. The temperature dropped about 10 degrees over the past hour. Supposedly we’ll be in the teens by...
This is what I thought of after reading that :rofl: :lol: [ATTACH]
X2 Thanks Warner for sharing. Pretty interesting comeback story. I never gave them much of a thought around here, since I always came across them...
Still in the mid 50s here. Heavy rains when I got up at 4:30, and even heavier winds. On the highway, multiple cars had been blown off the road...