Sorry, this is the first thing that came to mind [ATTACH] That’s an unfathomable amount of firewood. How long will 1,000 cords last in the...
Down to 40 now and holding overnight. Currently burning a load of red/sugar maple uglies and a few barkless elm shorts.
Looking at the bark it definitely resembles black birch with those thick plates peeling off the trunk, but the color of the wood is a little off....
Nice and easy to process. Because I had to deal with whatever lengths they were precut to, there’s variation ranging from 13-17” overall split...
Not far, maybe 15 minutes from home. I’m definitely debating it. The only thing that has me on the fence is one of my coworkers has several dead...
Out driving around with my 8 year old I came across a fallen ash that came down in the windstorm a week and a half ago. Meat still good with only...
Gentlemen, the blame lies squarely on my shoulders. I had staged up a substantial amount of black locust and hickory for the colder temperatures,...
39 and holding overnight. Black locust chunks/shorts mixed with a little red oak.
After a summer with long, severe drought, I suppose it was time to pay the piper.
Looks good :thumbs: You’re more motivated than I am to be processing firewood in this soupy mess. You’re right about the bark too. Some kinds of...
50 and raining for New Year’s Eve :picard: Is it too early for bed yet? Another small black locust fire this evening.
I guess it was a good thing you ended up being a couple pieces short of a proper “buZZsaw load” then. 32 miles is a longgg way to go weighted down...
Nice to see it worked out and it was great shooting the breeze with you again. TBH though, it kind of rekindled my strange fascination with the...
Today’s high of 60 dropped down to 48 but it’s not falling much more overnight. I have a small black locust fire turned down low which should keep...
36 and climbing up another 10 degrees today. Just a small black locust fire for now, which I’ll probably let burn down. My burning for the next...
I was thinking 6061 would be better myself. All I had on hand in 1/4” round stock was 7075, so that’s what I ran with. The nose of the pellet has...
It’s just a cheap Crosman single shot break barrel, nothing fancy.
Nice harvest! I’m (almost) jealous, but I’m glad we don’t have a feral hog problem here in New England.
Yes, I caught that last week. :handshake: The GMO trees have a gene inserted from a wheat plant which helps the tree break down the oxalic acid...
Yeah I broke off the cross piece and took it with me. The wood inside is a reddish color that smells of some kind of conifer. It was off the...