Oh yeah, that’s the one I’m almost positive is either a Chinese or hybrid chestnut. I don’t know too much about Honeylocust drying time...
Is that your “one cord nugget bin”? Lots of nice wood in that stack. I spy… honey locust, black locust, cherry, maple, and mulberry :thumbs:
Who let my glass get so dirty?! :picard::whistle: One large crotch section of black locust and a couple elm chunks for the overnight. That should...
Thanks. That’s a lot cheaper than everywhere I looked. :handshake:
I’ll buy that theory, it’s just strange how it only showed up on that one side of that one piece.
That’s the plan. :thumbs: I have some taps and hose on order now. I’m saving milk and water jugs to collect the sap. Biggest expense now will be a...
:rofl: :lol: :thumbs:
I’ve been pulling from a mixed pile of elm, sugar and red maple and found this maple skinny. Apparently after 2 years in the stack cocoon it...
HoneyFuzz you (and many others here) definitely piqued my interest in trying my hand at making syrup this year. I took an inventory of the red and...
Unless you're in the Carolinian Zone of southern Ontario, you won't have to worry about coming across one.
I guess I lucked out with the one small roadside log of black gum I unwittingly "scored" last March. It was on the tough side to hand split, but...
Sounds like it's time down there to till up the soil and plant your leaf crops :bug:
This post has bothered me for a couple days now :loco: :crazy: I think Brad called it though. Large growth rings, darker center, the look of the...
It’s hovering around freezing at the moment with another mixed load of elm and red maple loaded up for the overnight.
Not white oak. Was it growing in a wet area? The wood itself almost reminds me of black gum. How did it split? Also could be bigtooth aspen like...
Outstanding work! Also sweet A-Frame getaway tucked into the woods :thumbs:
Firewood comes and goes, but that section where you and your wife made your mark over 30 years ago… preserve that at all costs :yes:
That’s kind of what I figured I’d have to resort to. Not the end of the world though. I have plenty of pallets I can stack rounds on that’ll at...
I’m running out of “extra room” for scores that pop up, to keep under cover anyway. This sheltered area of the wood yard is all filled up now. The...
Little bit of an overhang eh? ;) Looks like it was a productive day nonetheless. Can’t beat that kind of weather for January either.