About 2.5 cords of some really light and junky wood mostly pine. Started the OWB in mid October
I burn all of the junk I can't sell in my OWB. Could be cutoffs, partial rotten, big nasty knots etc. I just throw whatever I have near the unit...
A few inches of rain isn't going to do much to seasoned wood. Just leave it uncovered a few sunny and windy days then cover it back up.
You ain't kidding! I try to leave that miserable stuff in the woods or will generally cut it just to stuff into my OWB.
You also just burn for your own OWB right? If so, you don't need to split pieces down a whole lot like if you were selling firewood.
That's awesome!
Agreed for almost all of them. Check out Eastonmade splitters though for a real life test. Those are some nice machines! [MEDIA]
Oh I know. I have done plenty of shopping around for splitters through the years and that's why I never bought one that goes vertical.
I will agree on you with the big logs that can be an advantage but who splits nothing but big pieces? Also, once you break them down into...
Pretty slow? It's a damm snail! Also, can't stand how he splits the pieces that need to be resplit. Notice the first one, he lays it down so...
Looks beautiful there. Gotta love the bluebird sky with snow on the ground!
Just curious what activities you partake in that would send your money to NJ and how you avoid it?
"Over? It's not over until we decide it is. Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"
There was a real push back in the 80's but it didn't go through. North Jersey doesn't want to lose our revenue
We had a teacher years ago get into a little bit of a dilemma when she googled the writer "Longfellow". Lol. True story!
I commend you for your no devices rule...I wish more parents did the same. Your story now makes a whole lot more sense. Phones in class are so...
I am a high school environmental science teacher and while you raise some valid points, I feel there is more to this story. I have never heard of...
No need to bash the entire state. I grew up in Wharton State Forest - the largest state forest east of the Mississippi so I've been told. We...
Apple Scrapple festival sounds amazing!
We process all of ours. Think I did 12 last year with a couple of friends. Nothing like venison cheesesteaks! We also process all of our own...