Nope, no wood block. Eye've got a pretty gooder eye. The main plate is done, with some cleanup yet to do. I'll be doing the small back plate...
Did a little test this morning with a 13/64" drill and 1/4-20 tap.....a little loosie goosie. Just went to the local Ace and got a #7 bit and...
This wouldn't work either. :D [IMG]
No hug needed. Wait.....sir? Who you callin' sir there, mistah?
Uh huh......riiiight. :BrianK: Dang whippahsnappah. [MEDIA]
We already knew that. :D J/K, I kid. :) Yep, too easy. Ya' gotta' quit teein' 'em up for me, bud. :rofl: :lol:
Did you check one yet?
Oh, and so Eric is even less confused:D, here's a pic of the painted square tubes. [ATTACH]
Thinking 3/16 or 1/4" screw. So, a 10-32 would be a 21 drill, if I'm reading correctly. I had no idea drill were sized that way. How does that...
I was wondering about that.
I think the mechanic in town has a welder. Hmmm. He might do it for close to nuthin' for me. Maybe I'll go talk to him. I still need to attach the...
Just had a bright idea to weld it all together,.......but I don't have a welder. Time for some window shopping. :thumbs:
The 1.5" square tubing that'll hold up the plate. I actually adjusted the speed lower, so I can kick it up a little, and raise the table too.
All good info, thanks. I was thinking of just tapping the 1/8" tubing. Is there even enough material there for that? I'll check the tap & die set...
Did a test run on the drill/countersink. Maybe I'm running the CS bit too slow, since there's some chatter. Could also be caused by the piece not...
Got the back piece done, with a couple coats of paint on it and put another coat on the main deck piece.[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH]
Hey Mook , welcome aboard. What stove do you have, what kind of wood do you burn......all the usual questions. If you don't know what they are,...
Variable. I have a Crapsman from many moons ago, but I bought a new one....another Sears model:headbang:......and I'm seeing a LOT of plate...
Just came back in from the shop after finishing the semi circle cut. WooHoo! The 17 TPI blade dulled real quick, despite the oil.:headbang: I put...
Nice work Shawn. Should last a long time.