That's a bit of wood..how long you think to split that?
Dropped to 6 since my last post. Isn't it nice walking around in shorts with the weather this cold?
Fell asleep early....woke up to the furnace clicking on at 2. Enough of that, so I reloaded the stove and haven't heard it since. Take that 9...
Will do
Nice dusting of snow. ...dropping to single digits tonight...oh what will I do? Oh yeah...burn wood!
Check on flow rates carefully. Some of the cheaper models dont provide a lot of capacity
Well I think I will experiment with these. They are 2" to 3" in size. I don't have a lot that I'm stacking outside, and I will stack them with my...
I don't cover my stacks so I wonder how they will do.
Most of the birch I have is smaller diameter wood that I don't plan on splitting. I used my axe and sliced open the bark on one side. Do you think...
Do you heat that shop with that wood?
More good advice.....thanks.
Good ideas guys. Looking at the picture I need to redo the top. It sure takes some extra patience in finding the right pieces.
Well I'm giving it a shot. Just got started stacking the silver maple I scrounged from the tree dump. I hope I'm doing it right. [IMG] Also...
We are heading out to see my sister in law. Knowing what was in store I went out with the dogs early and split a bunch of maple this morning. Wish...
That's very interesting...in fact my muscles are sore just from reading your posts. Now where is the Ibuprofen?
28 this morning. Still working through my boxelder and aspen but I throw some ash on before leaving for the day. Have to keep our dogs warm while...
I'd give just about anything to have my Dad back so I could spend time like this with him. Glad you could enjoy the time together.
In the 40s and lower 50s during the day. 30s at night. Just burning my shoulder material at night and early am to warm up the house for the day....
Nice setup!
Yes, that's the nice part of living in a small town. I can drive up to about 5' from it usually. I just think of it as recycling...after all,...