Welcome fellow CT hoarder 203coffeeman. It's my understanding that the Liberty is a somewhat scaled-up version of the Evergreen, which I have. The...
52 here and on-again, off-again showers. I wasn’t planning on a fire, but when the furnace kicked on, that kicked me up off the couch :) Spruce is...
Very cool score/thread Dave. I had my saw with me in the truck today and planned to cut a heaping load of downed ash that was pushed down a bank...
[ATTACH]
June 22nd in the UP is gorgeous!
I dealt with a similar sized tree after tropical storm Isaias hit in August 2020. That was actually the storm that motivated me to finally buy a...
Sassafras up tonight. For a “lesser quality” wood, it seems to last a decent amount of time. High 40s now, dropping to the low 40s by morning....
Splitting every single piece to check MC sounds like a lot of extra work, plus you end up going through your stash faster, burning smaller splits....
What club do we have to be a member of in order to get decals for THIS club? Freemasons? Knights of Columbus? Skull and Bones? Illuminati?...
Cold Trigger Finger and Rope have some experience with this.
Looks like we bottomed out here at 36°F. I opted to load the stove full of elm skinnies this morning. Based on the extended forecast, I'll...
50 and cooling off fast. Sassafras and cherry in the Lopi this evening.
There you go Mike, might as well do something with those pesky tree-choking climbers. The bittersweet vines have small berries that would make a...
I just like saying the word sassafras :) All of the Sassafras foliage I’ve seen in my area turned a fiery red this fall. I do have about 3-4...
36 and clear. Changing it up this morning burning a mixed load of cedar and a few splits of weeping cherry.
50 and dropping fast towards freezing by dawn. Burning the last of my silver maple with one large barkless wedge cut of white oak on top, just to...
47° heading to the low 50s. Starting the day off with a small load of silver maple with a couple hickory nuggets for some added coaling.
Sounds like if you can deal with the drive, it’s a good move. $15k a year is huge, and I’m sure very welcome in these times. 6 years ago I left my...
57 heading to the mid 40s. Making another dent in my dwindling silver maple supply. I used black cherry splitter trash for kindling and I can...
Definitely hickory, definitely way past it’s prime