48 and dropping towards freezing by dawn. Just a small fire going at the moment to keep the chill away. One thin split of red oak with a split of...
The last picture looks like Siberian elm to me. Some end grain shots on the first 3 would help.
Guilty here too. :whistle: There are all kinds of random roadside limbs I’ve scooped up from time to time.
Since we're without a way to prove or disprove the theory, it's kind of a dead end pursuit in a way. Adherents take it on faith in a similar way...
Trailer Advice.
Tribalism aside, it’s just the nature of the entire structure. I see it every day on a smaller scale where I work. I’ve heard it described as “too...
I have total and complete confidence that this will be addressed swiftly.... once people are in their cold dark homes, huddled around candles....
34 outside and burning another load of sassafras.
Jamaican me want to go after some dead chestnut oak I've been eyeing for months now :loco: :crazy: I think I'll wait for the sapwood and bark to...
37°F at home with a load of elm skinnies keeping the house warm.
Holy smokes that poor natural area has been taken over by bamboo and English ivy :hair:
I know you jest but sometimes truth is stranger than fiction. ;) Have you ever seen that diagram made by a high school kid showing how all but one...
Uh oh Brad, looks like the homeowner is motivated to get the rest of this maple moved! FREE WOOD FREE WOOD - free stuff
I dig your vision and can-do attitude AnnieOakleaf :yes: That should last a long time. Nice repurposing on the dead cedar. I’m building a woodshed...
Nice grab! How rare are oak scores out in the PNW JiminyKicket?
The State is the new church.
I don't know if I buy that. That sounds more like a right wing talking point than a problem :wacky: In all seriousness though, I really hope it...
Throw this into the mix... By mid winter we'll be longing for the good old days of October 2022. :picard: A Diesel Shortage Is Spreading Across...
Another phenomenal score :thumbs: My back hurts just looking at those pictures. Heavy stuff, that fresh cut sugar maple. Are you going back for...
That looks like Siberian elm to me, and although I haven’t scored that particular variety yet, top covered and up off the ground is a good rule of...