X2 with pin oak. Still the red oak family and good firewood. Nice straight grain trunk for the win too :thumbs:
Interesting. I based my “scaled up” comment solely on what size splits the firebox can accommodate, irrespective of how many square feet the stove...
That’s pretty amazing :yes: This particular fox has been hanging around the commuter lot all year. I’ve seen it carrying around rabbits and...
Second picture left to right: black birch, black birch, red maple, red maple, black birch, red maple. Edit: could be yellow birch. Either way,...
I was meeting my coworkers at the commuter lot this morning and made a new friend. https://youtu.be/7vszX6W-HV4
A little cooler this morning at 41. Sassafras and elm on the job.
Wow Brad. Some serious spines on that tree. I didn’t realize how large the thorns were or that the trees got that big o_O What a great way to...
LOL I still have to count it. I found a few stray 45s which brings the total to 57 rounds of 45ACP, also there were a couple dozen rounds of 22LR...
Looks like it was a dead branch, so it could be burned this year if you really needed it. Left near the hot stove for a couple days should get it...
This was given to me by a younger guy (29) who’s had it for about 10 years. Apparently he got his permit and a couple pistols, went to the range...
New guy started at work recently. Got to talking yesterday and he tells me he sold all of his firearms minus a 22 revolver. Says he has some 9mm...
I've only been having morning/early evening fires sporadically, and have been making it a point to use up the uglies and shorts first. Since the...
Second page, about halfway down. I picked up one log of the stuff accidentally, from a roadside cutting near my work back in February. First time...
I’m with buZZsaw BRAD here and lean towards elm. I scored black gum earlier this year and it had a darker core. If it’s elm it should have a less...
Another load of sassafras this morning, with a couple elm skinnies thrown in. A mild 45 degrees here. [ATTACH]
You brought up some very good points, albeit some will find them hard to swallow. I can agree with a lot of what you said, and I'd love to...
I'm lucky enough to work in an industry that utilizes a lot of Pelican cases, and have acquired a couple used ones that were being thrown out over...
If there was ever a plan to nationalize every industry, it would probably start with the deliberate destruction of the current privately...
We finally broke into the 20s here for the first time this season. 28 and burning a mixed load of sassafras, elm skinnies, and one hefty split of...
I first heard of this from the most hated man in media (name rhymes with schmucker schmarlson) and knew half the country would either ignore it or...