On the money side of things I think it's definitely worth it. The only pitfall I can see coming is that IME burning all cherry tends to leave you...
Elm and maple in the Lopi. 23 on the Mercury. [ATTACH]
[ATTACH]
32 currently, forecasted to hit 21 by dawn. I’m burning down an elm and maple coal bed with some nice dry spruce, vintage 2020.
I didn't know about the 3 year plan until I joined here in April of 2020. With all of the uncertainty and the nagging feeling that I had to "do...
Another vote for partially yes (cherry pick) That spruce won't be a lot of fun to split even with hydraulics, and worse yet it won't stack well...
Another warm day here hitting the low 50s earlier. It’s since dropped to 49 and still falling. Just a small elm/maple fire going at the moment. I...
It's in effect now: Why the Bradford pear tree is now banned in Ohio The next step would be to eradicate them, most importantly, the ones that...
Nice work Brad. Yesterday definitely felt like a great day to make firewood. How many more ash trees you figure you'll get from that spot?
Agreed, I’d be hesitant to call that even 1/3 cord. To the top of the bed tightly packed in my Colorado is about 1/3 cord.
Another vote for wet wood. Specifically, wood wet internally. Some people pick up a split of wood and note correctly that it’s dry on the outside....
45 now, heading towards freezing overnight. I had a small fire this morning but let it go out so I could clean out the ash. Just got the stove...
Looks like a blast to shoot… But yeah I would definitely do some investigation before sending too many rounds through it. Chamber dimensions and...
Split it on the big side for longevity of burn time. It dries fast, burns hot and fast. In my stove I like to mix it in with other denser wood.
That was definitely the video I didn’t know I needed to see. Thanks for sharing :handshake:
I love old relics like that. Pretty neat piece(s) of New England history there. I knew about the Quabbin reservoir and the towns that were...
That’s some incredibly easy to split wood if you’re one-handing it. I kind of wish I took some a couple years ago at my “copped my fix downtown”...
30/72 red and sugar maple on tap for the day.
I've been mulling this over for a while now, but they've got to do better on the run time. To be fair there are plenty of applications where I'd...
Almost looks like you were going for BL (black locust) smoothie. That would get Brad's wheels turning...;)