Screwed up that post but u get the picture i hope.
I try and save the small stuff for the top of the row plus the not so straight pieces. Oak and I have a relationship. LOL
Have one on my pre Epa stove, use it all the time for 30 years.
If its Oak (or somthing as good) i will save to 2 inches or so, otherwise i do the same as you. That does not include bark, so 2 inches of solid wood.
If the Elm was in good shape i would be tempted, i very rarely bring much home any more, just what i have on my property.
Nope but i have hope.
I ended up with CAO Brazilia, been buying those for the last year and a half, no problem with prices or availability, but as it says on the sites,...
I quit burning my least favorite wood years ago but i guess Silver Maple or Box elder, the least favorite one i still burn would be Mulberry,...
They have been sucking hind teat for a long time.
Beating a dead horse, all sorts of info about drying wood all over the net. High temperatures bring the moisture to the surface and the wind takes...
"I usually use my 2171 for noodling with 3/8 full comp chain. How well it works depends a lot on the angle your cutting and that you leave a few...
Another thought, anything that can help get rid of the "noodles" would be of help, they can plug up the saw with a regular chain. I assume the...
I have not, a good sharp chain worked works well for me the few times I have done it. Might be worth a try.
So that splitter does not go vertical, after having a splitter for 8 years or so I would never buy one that does not go vertical. Handled some 28...
From what I see in your pictures, a fair amount of it only has punk on the outside (inch or so), absolutely nothing wrong with that wood. I would...
My guess is we cant talk about not talking about it.