I have a Drolet also, not sure how you can get away with those low of flue temps, I know my stove top temp would be very low with those temps, do...
Just so I am not misunderstood his flue temps are close to what I consider "safe", two different discussions going on in this thread.
I dont have any smoke at a lower temp then 500 but it depends on my stack temp, the only time I have any smoke is a little on startup The driest...
The lower moisture content gives you more heat, water does not burn.
"Hard Maples may take two years to get nice and seasoned, while Red or Silver will easily be seasoned in a year." That was my impression but...
It would be interesting for others familiar with Sugar Maple to weigh in. Cant argue with results.:handshake:
I dont think a lot of people are going to agree with you on that, Red Oak is slow to season by many peoples reports, not sure about sugar maple...
A little low for my comfort but much higher then 250 internal that was being discussed.
Colestin Rural Fire District - Stoves and Flue Fires Looking around at several places I found 400 to 450 internal temp to be recommended.
Exactly correct, 220 to 340 is a good range. That is surface temp. I run a little warmer then that on the low end but thats just what I do with...
Those temps u posted would be a smoldering fire that would not heat house. Dont know if you remember my trouble with a stove, i researched flue...
I will post a link after my workout, if i ran at the temps you are suggesting i would have a lot of creosote.
Again the 250 is not internal
250 is on the outside of single wall, has nothing to do with internal temp, the creosote forms on the inside surface. I can post a link but will...
250 is the figure (outside of single wall) used everywhere that i have checked. Its the temp on the pipe thats important.
"Nobody can walk between the rain"
Wow, good advice for sure and its free!
200 degrees average on the outside of single wall pipe is a little low IMHO.
Several types oof wood wont get dry in one summer, i have some Pin Oak that was cut split and stacked over a year ago, was reading 30 percent a...
I found info where it has two sources of air, on the bottom and in front above the door.