I get that sometimes with logs that come from near the base and have root flare. You can try splitting them skinny end first or just as others...
I would be more concerned with snakes and bee/wasp nests.
Why not just get forks for the front end loader?
If I cut it, I sell or burn it. This was part of a 12-14 cord oak scrounge... no way I could have only taken the oak.
I couldn't be bothered with a mess like that...I know that sounds snobby but I have at least 100 cords of logs sitting at my mom's to work on so I...
Haha. She did say you got addicted!
Uh yeah, who is this?
Where in south Jersey?
It does season quickly once cut and split.
They do have nice fall colors
Never seen hickory split this bad
I am pretty good with wood id and even if I can’t id a certain wood, I can easily tell it’s different. I know gum all too well so it’s all piled...
Wanted to like this post because your boy was helping but can’t because of the metal you hit
This was from the farm my brother works on. They had a pile of about 12-14 cords of great oak logs and this. I had to take it and figured may as...
A lot of factors to consider. Time, space, market, machinery, how much you enjoy the process. Money can be made though under the right...
I don’t fight if I don’t have to. I just fed the next piece through. I paid for 22 tons of force, might as well use it
As you should!
It sucks no matter what. Can’t even use the 4 way wedge
[ATTACH] Actually I can’t stand the stuff but I’m stuck with about 2.5 cords of this miserable stuff to split, or should I say tear?
Pretty sure its Hypoxylon Canker. A fungus that generally doesn't hurt a live tree but can quickly form on dead trees or parts of dead trees. I...