Heat generally doesn’t bother me much. Grew up working on a vegetable farm averaging 70-75 hour weeks with an occasional one closing in on 100...
Tuesday after Labor Day
Oh man, I have the supply. I do intend to have some fun and relax this summer so there will be some times with little to nothing getting done
Cut and busted up some big rounds today. The oak pile is now up to 90 feet long. All of the poplar that was pictured earlier is split and I’ve...
That’s awesome!
Tree guy told me it was Chinese elm. But could it be red since it split easily
I used to own steel toes but there is nothing that matches the comfort of a good sneaker.
Haha!
But what kind of elm? I ran one piece through the 4 way and it split easy
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Got a load of this dropped off today. Tree guy told me what it was just looking to see what you guys have to say.
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] Had these two trucks pull in as I was working this morning. Just as I had cleared that area of logs
Eh who needs gloves?
I don’t mind the chips at all. Much prefer that than wearing pants
Spent about 4 hours cutting today. Weather was amazing for working - low 70’s cloudy, breezy with dropping humidity. Here’s a picture of a...
Pretty sure the stuff with the dark center with just a thin layer of lighter wood isn’t even oak
Unintentional but I thought so too.
All hand thrown. I’m very particular about how my split piles look. I like em to be the same width and height and be straight as well. It’s my...
1070. Nothing big but it picks up just about anything I need
I use machinery where possible. I have a JD tractor with forks for picking up logs and cutting at waist height and a tw6 splitter with log lift.
Much of the wood comes from a tree service, some comes from a guy who owns an excavation business, and the last portion comes from scrounges which...