I did feel rejuvenated and was very productive
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] [ATTACH] So I worked from 7:15-2:45 today and mixed in some mulching around the house for mom. Got the first oak pile...
[ATTACH] Here’s working conditions today
My mind was 100% off firewood.
Yeah my shins get beat up pretty good but I refuse to wear pants in the summer unless someone dies or gets married.
I love a good montage of tree cutting gone wrong
[ATTACH] The day got better with watermelon mojitos at the beach bar
Strippers are in all season... oh wait you said stripers!
[ATTACH] My body told me to take a break so this is about all I’m doing today. Nice little trip to a quiet beach in Brigantine - kid free!
If it weren’t for the log lift I would disagree on logs up to 24” in diameter but that does make easy work of them
My big saw is an echo 8000 - 80 cc bar. I almost always run a 24” bar but do break out the 32” if I have to. To me, time is money and even though...
No worries!
I was leaning in that direction but it doesnt have a darker center like I’m used to in other pin oak.
Give me 12”-16” diameter wood all day long.
I do hire out some help splitting so I’m not doing this entirely alone. I already have at least 60 cords done so far
That wasn’t the big log today unfortunately...36” diameter on big end[ATTACH]
[ATTACH] I cut this oak log up today and was very surprised to see how large the growth rings were. Not sure on the type of oak, but it was heavy...
Yes
Looks like the red oak we have around here. Black gum isn’t terribly heavy and is absolutely miserable to split
[ATTACH] [ATTACH] I put in about 6-6.5 hours today. Had an issue with my big saw so I picked out wood all under 12”-14” in diameter and used my...