Yeah that’s what I’m afraid of. The wood stove is a very simple system.
Are you saying avoid tarm all together or just the combo boilers. I had only mentioned them because they are who I have seen around and there is...
I’m go Thanks. A gasser has been in the back of my mind for a while. I need to do some more home work, I’ll defiantly pm some time.
Oh boy, the plot thickens. The only local person that I know with a gasser is having the people from a tarm dealer out on Wednesday. I’m going to...
So many questions! Are you anywhere near Belgrade? Would you be willing to meet for coffee or beer so I could pick your brain? I’m not a stalker! Lol
I need to look into this more. It makes more sense to me than trying to crank a big stove in the basement. When most of the piping is already there.
Yup! I have a generator. I’m not relly a preppir or doomsday type but I don’t like to rely on others to stay alive. With the smoke dragon I can...
I’m with you on most of those points except the loading unit? We have a detached garage that I figured could be used as a heat dump if needed.
Thanks Kimberly for your honest review of the stove.
I suppose I could look into a battery bank for the solar array.... the rabbit hole gets deeper...
Recently we were at a fair and the folks from tarm had a booth set up. Wifey said don’t you want to go talk to them? I kept walking knowing when...
My biggest concern is the reliance on electricity for the gasser...with the set up I have now I can keep the pipes from freezing all winter...
The boss ain’t gonna be happy I’m going from a 600$ stove to a 10g+ gasser! I’m gonna have to be a good boy for a wile!
There is a boiler system in place with baseboard registers. No furnace or ductwork. Or central air.
The other totally different route I’m considering is an indoor gasifier tied into the forced hot water system you can see on the left. much...
[ATTACH] This is my current set up. Warner throws some serious heat but he is a hungry beast!
Thanks for the heads up
If you don’t mind where is the kangaroo state?
[ATTACH] This is the stove I am talking about