It was 19F when I got the stove relit at 4:30 this morning, and it's still that cold :shiver: Another mixed load of white birch and red oak.
I hear you… I’ve had the same ratio rite for mixing fuel for 25 years now. With the newer pump gas though, I still prefer to run the canned fuel...
I stopped by Tractor Supply yesterday for some chicken feed and happened to walk by the chainsaw section. The shelves that usually are stocked...
30F and dropping towards the high teens by dawn. I’m trying like heck to use up the last of this 2.5 year dried white birch before the end of the...
I’m going to call today’s small scrounge a mop-up of this old thread from August. Same location, which now that the ferns and other ground cover...
31 but it won’t get much colder overnight. After burning mostly white birch all day, I decided to mix in some 10 year dried mulberry, with a fat...
It does kind of resemble red maple a bit. But that stringiness… could that be young hickory? What’s it smell like?
First off, that hearth looks amazing with the stonework. Secondly, I love that mantle. Did you do that yourself with a draw knife? Thirdly, that...
We had that problem at work a couple years back when they mandated masks 24-7. We ended up buying something like this, which helped: ZEISS Fog...
One of these? :D [ATTACH]
Thanks, same to you :handshake:
A beautiful 27F without a cloud in the sky. Red oak and white birch loaded up again. Heading out soon to get new shoes on my truck, then I’ll...
If not for the ash factor I’d probably consider hoarding some for shoulder wood if the opportunity came up. BUT excess ash buildup is a deal...
Right now you're at where we were at during the coldest cold snap last winter :shiver: I think we saw low single digits on only a handful of days....
Last night I mixed in a couple splits of red oak with my white birch before bed time, and awoke this morning to enough coals for a relight. 30°...
Another vote for waterlogged. Two years ago I cut a dead/down ash in early October and stacked it single row and top covered. Come late February,...
I have cut American Hornbeam (Musclewood, AKA blue beech) but not Hop Hornbeam (Ironwood) Both are supposed to be good firewood.
I had to look that one up myself. Ironwood.
31/71 mostly white birch with a couple small ash splits to top it off.
Sweet! No need to stack it even with the top of the cab :) Dead locust and green sugar maple are crazy dense. That’s a serious load.