26F (is it REALLY colder than the U.P. here?! ;)) red maple and black locust scraps getting the house back up to temperature.
I’m definitely digging the uglies pens. :thumbs: If I remember correctly, the material for that is repurposed from an outdoor dog pen that...
Currently 37 heading to the high 20s for the morning. Black cherry and mulberry on deck tonight.
You should definitely add that species to your milling bucket list. For burning it’s fine too, but it’s equally nice to admire in board form. The...
Tulip poplar like that for me dried in about 4 months, during the summer. That should definitely be ready to burn by fall.
I dunno about any of that…. :emb: :rofl: :lol: :whistle: I’ve just got a LONG list of things not to do because I learned the hard way :picard:
[MEDIA]
I saw at work this morning that I had 4 more vacation hours than previously expected. With the holiday looming, I decided to make my time off...
That is a glorious pile of future BTUs there :yes:
33F burning a mixed load of red maple and red oak this morning.
You figure the honeylocust was planted for cattle fodder? I know deer eat the sweet pods in the wild.
That was a good little read. If I didn’t have a rudimentary grasp on what Zen was, I’d just call it therapy.
My wife drops $12 per day on a pack of Marlboro 100s :hair:
At the risk of sounding corny, remember you’re a spiritual being having a human experience. You’re bigger than your worldly vices. The hardest...
Seriously Brad that’s HUGE. :thumbs: From experience, it’s such a feeling of freedom getting that monkey off your back. I’m happy that she pulled...
41F dropping towards freezing by tomorrow morning. Seasonably chilly temperatures in store for the next week+. I don’t mind the extended shoulder...
Welcome to the forum, good to have you here :handshake: We're here because we're not all there ;) Looking forward to more of your knife making...
29° at home. Another mixed load with 3 long splits of white birch running east-west, 2 red oak shorties running north-south, and 1 small piece of...
I feel the same, it's a good all-around firewood. Ash that's still worth cutting is becoming scarce in my immediate area, the large scale die-offs...
Yep, whenever you see black stains in oak you know there's metal lurking within. Regardless, I wouldn't complain one bit about a score like that...