I have an opportunity to pick up one of these Lyman Great Plains muzzle loaders for free. I’m thinking it’ll make a nice wall hanger, although I...
It’s under the resources page: Firewood BTU & Drying Chart
Yankee Candle jars are pretty thick, even the bargain brand knock-offs are too. This is the jar I last had on my stove. Cheap thin dollar store...
A quick Google search says the melting point of glass is 2550-2900F (approximately) It becomes malleable at 1250F. I doubt the stove top gets...
Directly on the stove. I keep it halfway between the stove pipe and the door. Never tested the stove top temp though. The longest I’ve left it on...
I’ve been doing that on occasion for a couple years without issue :emb: Of course I don’t leave the house when I do it though.
I just want to say thank you for NOT asking if it was okay to burn pine. :handshake: :deadhorse::deadhorse::deadhorse:
Here's what the end grain of American chestnut looks like. It's ring-porous, so there's alternating bands of solid and porous rings. This...
Similar to this "opportunity" in Newington CT. It's been up for a week and a half. There's a few decent rounds there, but a whole lot of sticks...
Well Brad, you’re not wrong about my mulberry M.O. :rofl: :lol: Irony is the only time I was able to break my mulberry twig scrounging streak, it...
It was around 30 when I got up a couple hours ago, it’s 34 now heading to 40 for a high. Burning a full load of 1.5 year dried red maple this morning.
I’m guessing a little more than a face cord so far. I’m burning more often than I usually do, despite the relatively warm weather. The idea is to...
Nice and calm at 31 here, holding steady overnight. It’s going to get warm, wet and wild tomorrow :picard:Burning a mix of red oak, mulberry and...
Wow. :thumbs: I like it; kind of reminds me of a corn crib. How many cords do you figure are in there?
That type of oak is gold around my house :thumbs: Dries in half the time (or less) than fresh-cut. I think the original native range for American...
That oak is actually dead chestnut. Lightweight, right? If you look closely you'll see scarring on the outside of the wood, where the tree was...
Man T.Jeff Veal, you never just get a "pickup full" do ya? ;) Outstanding score sir.
Yep, split right on site. Started yesterday, the rest I cut and split on my lunch break today. There’s more there but too far gone for my liking.
What kind of poplar? In New England there’s tulip poplar which is in the magnolia family and not a true poplar, and there’s quaking & bigtooth...
All firewood. A couple years ago I made a large batch of cherry smoker chips, and I’m sure I won’t need any more for the foreseeable future. I...