32 this evening and burning a mixed load of yellow birch, Shagbark hickory skinnies, with ash shorties as filler.
Absolutely, the wood is very dense. According to the chart (and my own experience) it’s right up there BTU-wise in the heavy hitter category....
It’s pretty far gone for use as firewood, but yes it’s black birch. :)
Wow, it uhhhhh…. Didn’t kill you :whistle:;) Pretty good results for hand splitting! Give it ample time to dry and you (might) become a believer.
Awesome :yes: The story behind that song is noteworthy too. Jerry Cantrell’s father fought in Vietnam and was given the nickname “rooster” by his...
27 without a cloud in the sky. Mostly ash shorties with some red maple thrown on top.
Industrial park, straight road, railroad bridge, S——-t p——t road? :whistle: I accidentally found one of his spots looking at Google Maps a few...
I don’t suppose you work in an area with a mining operation do you? ;)
One will be coming home with me after the holidays. My uncle is getting the second one. Looks like I’ll have to pick up some lead, black powder,...
:handshake: When I first heard them almost 20 years ago they blew me away. Never in a million years would I have thought Chris Cornell would’ve...
This is all I’m seeing on mobile [ATTACH]
[MEDIA]
I woke up to 29° at 4:30 this morning. Vintage 2020 ash shorties keeping the house warm.
Farthest I've actually gone out of my way for is about 30 miles one way. I did this 2 years ago for a load of apple I could drive right into the...
It’s on the warm side at 50 here but it’s damp so the house felt chilly. Burning some 2 year dried ash this evening.
X2 red oak family. Bristles on the leaf tips are a dead giveaway. IME the leaf shape at that age is atypical for any particular oak variety,...
40 for this afternoon. I’ve been burning red maple all morning and just switched over to spruce, to see if I can vaporize that growing coal bed.
Looks to me like one’s a left and the other right handed too?
Almost looks like apple. If not, another fruit tree.
55 and raining all day. I’d love for winter to settle in, but at least my heating demands are low. I’ve been nursing a red maple coal bed along...