I just signed up with a different supplier altogether. Rates with Eversource were going up from 12 cents per kilowatt to 24. The new company...
I just got a message from the solar company and my house has been disqualified. Too many trees would have to come down first (they're all on my...
27 at home. Spruce and hickory went on last night's coals for an easy relight.
Oh golly, right in my town! I'm heading to the ATM right now :rofl: :lol: Birch logs - materials - by owner - sale
27/72 with another mixed load of ash, cherry and hickory in the stove.
Nice! That’s one ruggedly-built machine!
That’s definitely red maple. The bark and color patterns looking at the end grain is a dead giveaway. All oak species will have very faint lines...
35 and dropping fast as the sun is going down. My wife did a good job keeping the stove fed with ash shorties all day. I just switched over to...
I’m glad you found it entertaining/inspiring :) It’s been quite a journey on my end. From the first time I found a true surviving American...
Huge news. https://thehill.com/opinion/energy-environment/3747170-that-new-chestnut-usda-plans-to-allow-the-release-of-ge-trees-into-wild-forests/
19° at the house when I got up. Last night's load of shagbark hickory left me with a nice bed of coals for a relight this morning. Ash, mulberry,...
Good luck on your search. Almost 20 years ago I bought an older 4th generation 1990 Z-71 Silverado with a motor knock, for dirt cheap. Pulled the...
Thanks Jason. The glass is a little dirtier than I’d like it to be, but I’ve been running this stove hard for the past week.
26 projected to bottom out around 20 by dawn. Burning through some shagbark hickory rounds on top of a deep coal bed this evening. [ATTACH]
First snow at my house this year was November 15th. It wasn't much, maybe an inch and it was gone within a day. In 2020 we had our first snow on...
Everything hinges on my neighbor's willingness to let the tree go. If and only if the numbers work out, the deal gets shelved until I talk to my...
So Thursday I get a knock at my door. I peer outside and see an old red 1970s 10 speed bicycle with ram's horns handlebars in the driveway, and a...
25 outside this morning, with about 4 inches of fresh snow on the ground. Hickory, cherry and mulberry in the Lopi.
Looks like elm to me.
Cherry and ash this morning. 30 outside now with snow moving in soon.