Although you're probably right, you are doing it the right way. Last thing you want is to have the stove and a bunch of unseasoned wood that you...
Great recount of what makes this place so much fun Scotty. I have a confession though.....in the tone of keeping it "clean" , I don't know how...
About 7 or I years ago we started seeing bald eagles come back into the area. Love seeing them!
I've burnt about 1.5 cords. Working though my elm/ash rack. One more rack left and it's shoulder season stuff. I've restocked a couple racks...
Awesome score!
Welcome! One question though....did you hear the new guy buys the donuts?
Looks like a lot of fun!
Get some spring weather over there today?
Spring today ....55 but back in the teens in a few days. Maybe a little snow tomorrow.... crossing my fingers.
Started out with church, worked on putting up new lights in our bedroom and bucked, split and stacked some basswood for next year's shoulder...
About 1 1/3 cord. A good share of it has been silver maple so it's been burning faster than if I had more hard wood. Next year I have more ash/elm...
Ugggg. No fun. That reminds me, we are getting 50mph wind gusts so I hope your post doesn't jinx me.
That's a great text to get!
Yeah...probably will try this one more time. If I can't get the hang of it I'll just go back to posts. I don't use a lot of wood so I don't get...
I imagine with practice this would become second nature. Not sure I will get to that level of expertise but I will give it a shot.
Attempt two at cribbing the ends. Trying to put more inner lean on the end. Helps using square splits and only using three splits per stack. I...
Good idea
Jack..nice cabinets. Took my dogs out for run then plinked my 22 pistol at the gun range. Now back to working on my utility room wall and shelving.
I'd also call warm stretches of warm weather in the middle of winter "shoulder weather". It will be in the 40s today so I won't need many btu to...
From the elm I took down in my back yard this summer I was left with a triclops shaped ugly. I set it a side waiting to be split down making even...