I picked up a 371 a few weeks ago and it was idling high and chain was creeping so I backed out the L and T and it sounded better and stopped the...
Are you going to buy the shainsaw grasshopper?
Tackled a pile of White Oak logs today with the 261 and 371 and turned them into splits. 80 today phew [ATTACH]
It looks like it could drag a cabin out of the woods.
That’s what the bark looks like to me, but I’ve never cut one down or split any, so no idea what the wood is like.
Can you get the compression tested, or pull the cylinder for a better look. At least look at the intake side. I had a blown saw doing the same...
I have used Petzl and Kask vented helmets for 25yrs They both fit really well and I think they have muff attachment options. I’ve always used...
I’m going to the saw shop this afternoon and I’ll continue to leave plugs off my supply list. I’m sure none of y’all lend out your saws, but I...
That’s a big beech! Some people including my parents live in fear of giant trees killing them in a storm or they don’t want to clean gutters or...
I’ve started filling holes in my yard with knot cutoffs and short irregular chunks from splitting knots. Privacy fences are better built with...
Nice clean straight oak trunk wood is my favorite :stacker: twisty limbs not so much
I like them. I rarely had to turn screws on a Stihl carb. Only had one that I can remember having to dial in. I have 201c 261c 462c 661c. The only...
Also check the side to side play the drivers have in the bar groove.
Congrats on getting both saws. The 261 is a great saw as I’m sure the 400 will be. Hopefully your dealer can get a 261 in.
I would check to see if it’s oiling. Clean the bar make sure the oil channels are not obstructed. Try a new bar and chain. It sounds like a...
I’d say it’s your favorite species.
How often do you change on your saws? Someone might have been pulling my leg but he said he changes his once a year. Every time we are in the saw...
Brings up a question I have about plugs. I’ll start a thread.
Looks like Willow Oak to me.
Ah man I was looking at some beeches today and saw some weird code on one and didn’t take a pic. I’ll take a pic next week and see if someone can...