Can't beat open fire cooked food. Making the best of a cruddy day.
I made a trip to the local farmers market to grab some local corn and green beans. I fired the oven with white cedar and pine splits. [ATTACH]...
A quiet November afternoon with a good snap in the air. It is a reminder of what is to come.
I could have easily hung laundry from the telephone wires out front. Those snow banks were about 9 feet high as I recall. [ATTACH] I like...
We spent a few days in the White Mtns of NH. It is a short drive for us. We did one hike to an AMC hut at Lonesome Lake. I read it was a...
I fire the oven towards the back because of the draft flow. When the oven is nearly at temp, I rake the coals out onto the bricks for a bit to get...
Ok here it is: 1 cup warm water 110 - 115 degrees. 1 teaspoon yeast stir in mixing bowl Add 3 cups bread flour Add 1/2 teaspoon salt Mix in...
I'll post it up my next chance. Warm water, yeast, bread flour for the extra gluten, salt. Put in oiled covered bowl in warm area until doubled...
I like the percs since the coffee seems a little "thicker" when you drink it. Paper filters seem to take out more of the goodness out of the cup....
Percolators make a nice kick in the pants cup o' joe. I like that one. :yes:
That may be something to put in the stove this winter on a small coal bed before a reload. Looks good. Cast iron skillet bakes rock!:dex:
Oh. Looks good. I haven't done one yet in mine. Maybe this fall I will with some squash, potatoes and rolls on the side. Nice reminder.
[IMG] :rofl: :lol:
So I figured I should have a few pizzas this evening. Nothing special. I fired it up on cedar fence rail splits and some ash. I made the dough...
On the topic of landlines, we have one and always will. When I was younger, I had to call EMS for an emergency at home. As soon as I called, EMS...
Tru-weld Multi-weld One source welding Sometimes the town, city or geographic location in the name is good for recognition. ie: Twin City...
Step ladder to change the bulb no lift truck needed.
This mess is a few miles up the road from here. This picture was from the local emergency alert FB page. No serious injuries. [ATTACH]
Haha. I will just noodle them. It was embarrassing when I couldn't split that puny round.
Nice job on that elm. I scored a dead elm a few weeks ago that the x 27 bounced off. Absolutely miserable. I will either noodle them or get the...