I just hope we get back to somewhere near "normal" by next holiday season, this season was a stinker for the most part. But we are healthy here...
I am in NW iowa also and not sure why the numbers have dropped so much, glad they have, i hope we dont get a holiday bump like somp places.
I have a N24 Nashua in my shop, wished i would never have taken it out of the house, people told me i should have an EPA stove, put in a smaller...
When i need heat but not a full load I place a some smaller splits of elm or ash on the coals and then medium sized splits of oak on top. It gives...
Small hot fires do the trick for me, but i am heating a large area so not so easy to overheat.
You aren't getting any moisture in the chimney some how are you?
Nice job, love the woodstove.
All the wood I bring in is dryer then a popcorn fart and has been in the wind and sun long enough to be dry from the environment conditions, I see...
I guess it depends on what part of the country you live in whether you get bugs or not. 40 years of no bugs here.
I been hoarding pots of gold for awhile now, I'm good.
I think we all can agree that mice suck, one snuck through my defenses and chewed on two of my slot car tires.:(
Good for you Kimberly, start out slow and strive for improvement not perfection.
I pulled a muscle once helping get a freezer out of basement, hurt to breathe deeply, in a couple of days it felt much better, but i was young...
No problem with bugs in wood here, i have wood in the house, been doing it a long time. Wood stove in ice fishing shack sounds like a good idea...
Used to be a guy on Hearth called Battenkiller and he documented how fast he could dry wood with a fan in a basement where the wood stove was,...
Its funny, good video if you sell chains.
Makes no difference on mine what so ever, works well and the readings are the same no matter how you stick it.
Cutting limbs with a sawzall cant be fun.
The 600 is coming different ways at different times.
Highbeam, thank you for the reply, would love to try a cat stove but not sure it makes sense for me now.