Believe it or not, I’m exercising restraint this year in the amount of hot peppers I’m growing. I still have a couple 1 gallon bags of hot peppers...
The 2023 seed starting season is underway for the peppers. I’ll start the tomatoes in another 2-3 weeks or so. I started 6 cells each of the...
Probably hydro so I can strategically remove the outer punk layer better. Yes definitely more black oak soon :) I like it so far. It’s just like...
I split yesterday’s black oak and have it stacked temporarily on a couple cedar sleepers, just so it’s all up off the ground as we get into mud...
I’m eventually stacking all this dead stuff for 3 years out, tentatively. If I needed to I would burn it in 2 years though. Moisture content felt...
Looks like another winner Brad. I’m super surprised by that ash too. Whenever I see mushrooms on ash bark I automatically write it off as too far...
I was really motivated for this one :) Yep I’d go as far as to say I’m currently in oak mania for better or worse. I do think (for me) this is...
45 projected to drop to 27. Burning straight 3 year old apple this evening.
That’s not a bad idea Mike. I do enough roadside salvage operations to where it would come in handy. Amazingly only 2 of these got away from me as...
:rofl: :lol: I haven’t heard that joke in years! Yeah ummm… hmmmm…. I guess I did get these beauties in the bed, and it’s only a matter of time...
Maybe 3/4 load today, because of the hill and not wanting to get wrecked :whistle: New oak variety (black oak) I’ve had little of, hence the...
I’m no forklift expert by a long shot, but have used a couple Yales over the years. I’ve been in plenty of small shops that have one (or two). For...
Very nice hookup. Looks just like the business park area close to the airport ;)
:rofl: :lol: Here's a (very) rough boundary guide to the regional east coast vernacular. The GTG is being held in the demarcation zone between...
32 at the suburban homestead. Burning a mix of apple and Norway maple, with a couple small splits of black oak tossed in. [ATTACH]
One thing’s for sure: the people running these banking institutions aren’t losing sleep over any of it. They know their cronies in high places...
We, collectively, need to be cautious. If everyone simultaneously decided not to trust the banks anymore and tried to withdraw all their cash, it...
That's one heck of an offer Joe :yes: You sure you want all sorts of crazies running amok on your property, making massive firewood piles out of...
I found this out somewhat recently, but up here in New England worms are invasive. They didn't naturally populate these latitudes slowly moving...
Last year I lost several dozen oak seedlings to squirrels. I’m trying again this year in protected beds, but in the future I’ll stick to...