Been wondering about how I will operate the stove this spring in warmer temps, small fires can be tricky.
Never had a problem with my Nashua for dirty chimney for 30 years and its now in the shop, but I burnt with a flue temp that was always in the...
I see, mine is only about 5 feet and it reads high all the time also, 76 right now with only coals right now as i am doing a coal burn down.
Totally agree with adapting to the conditions at times, part of the wood burning experience.
The torch pictured is the ts 4000 ( i believe) which is the best one I've ever had, no adjustable flame which makes it very easy and predictable...
Never used the compressed bricks but they sound like a high quality product. Dry wood vs not so dry will make or break a stoves efficiency.
Wow, 80 when you woke up, thats impressive, don't think i could get it that warm here unless i set the house on fire. Going through another...
Watching that clip and a few others from the movie reminds me how black and white movies when done correctly are an art form.
Title of the thread makes me want to watch the movie again.
Son in law gave me some rocky patel edge cigars fot xmas, those are excellent, constructed very well and have a good taste, no head buzz to speak of.
Sounds a lot like my day except when it's around zero with a south wind, then all bets are off, take what I can get.
Russian troll
Yep same boat here.
LOL yea not sure why they had to make it into a soap opera type video but its all good otherwise.
Barcroftb, are you finding you like east west better then north south, I tried E-W one day but with only a few coals and it took forever to get...
[MEDIA]
Did u watch the video from blaze king about lighting a cat stove, thats when i realized I was making it more complicated then it is. Keep...
This isn't going to be much help but for me I was way over thinking it.
Barcroftb, your posts and pictures are very helpful, as u know this is all new to me also. The stove is still throwing me curves every now and...
Plenty of help and expertise here, my feeble attempt at humor inspired by a couple glasses of wine.