Well i have discovered if i reduce the air in stages and not too fast it works just fine, if i get in a hurry it can do the back puff dance. Thats...
It looks like your temps are close to mine with a similar air setting, gave up on the cat probe which woodstock seemed to agree with. That extra...
Yep, go big or go home
BDF, thanks for the detailed explanation and the offer of a graph but i think i got it for the most part, little bit of anal analyzing on my part....
The time or 2 that the flue temp went up was when i reduced the air too quick and flames went out, i must of gave the cat a boatload of smoke to...
Stove had a serious case of crusty azz.:D
After reading an article about cat stoves I'm a little perplexed about flue temps and cat light off. So if running the IS with flames what's the...
:popcorn:
Bringing in elm and ash tomorrow, been mixing it with the oak and working well for the most part, dont have access to silver maple any more....
I think he was saying he smoked a joint in the spring and forgot to take it off in the fall blaming the weed, i dont need to smoke a joint to...
I am trying to use less dense wood for hot reloads, just put some elm and ash in stove, hope it helps when the excessive coling.
I'm going through a lot of wood with this below zero south wind crap.
Is 18 percent a little high for a cat stove?
Barcroftb, what was the temp of the stove when you cleaned the cat?
Yep its water vapor, get it here whens it's really cold, first time my new epa stove did that I thought i had a epa smoke dragon.
600 stt here and i will be wearing a loin cloth, nobody wants to see that.
I do, will get more practice when it gets warmer with the smaller hot fires. Interesting on these below zero days the stove draws hard enough to...
Hoping for something like that here more or less.
One thing I've noticed is its kind of a slow starter from cold, going to split some smaller pieces for shoulder season.
Pretty sure they work on the green bottles, cant answer your other question.