Exactly, trying to keep the temp fluctuations to a minimum.
Austral (sp?) It kicked the Summit's butt for heating.
The house has plenty of insulation, could be tighter as i plan on doing some sealing this fall, but too small is too small.
Some of the best wood i ever burnt was 4 or 5 inch rounds of Bur Oak, it was dead when cut so did not take too long, wood dries a lot from the ends.
15% here in NW Iowa is as low as it gets.
I'm really hoping for a more even heat through the house, the Drolet did an admirable job but did not have a "low and slow" mode that i hope to...
Too bad u aren't closer, would let u try a summit for free.
Soapstone in firebox and ashpan, 3 top burner plates, andirons (if i dont use them no biggie). Advice from the forum and Woodstock helped with...
Mine gives me pleasant memories also, its in my shop now so i still get to enjoy it.
My N24 has a 8 inch flue, if its half the stove my Nashua was I'll be tickled pink.
Next run of Ideal Steel is not until Oct. so hoping before Thanksgiving or Christmas, this should be interesting to say the least, my Summit was...
I ordered one, a few people I know think I am crazy but not much I can do about that. Many of the posts in this thread were very helpful making...