Still thinking i made a mistake taking out my Nashua even though i love my Woodstock stove i have now, fortunately my Nashua is in my shop to...
Plus burning like a fool even with dry wood and an efficient stove can lead to problems.
It always amazes me people don't take the time to learn the basics of wood burning before they build fires in their house.
You have just gave the best advice on how to burn not so dry wood, you burn it hot. Battenkiller did some tests on hearth and had no trouble with...
Best thing i could find was noncombustibal salts and minerals entrenched in the wood fibers liquefy and melt togethet, ash melt. Good enough for me.
Did some reading, rabbit hole with no bottom!
Ok, now for the 50,000 dollar question, what is diffetent, i use to work with a guy who had them really bad, so trees grown in this area are not...
Grenade simulators were interesting.
I am assuming you guys are referring to wood with the bark, naked elm will not do that from my experience, oak, ash, mulberry will not do that...
I worked at a gas station in high school, one day a very nice looking mother and daughter with short skirts were getting gas, it's tough getting...
I was hoping someone would make that point, we had very little money when the kids were growing up, all three of my girls learned the value of a...
I consider myself lucky, i have 3 SILs that are not afraid of work and my 20 year old grandson is not either.
I agree but when those differences are based on misinformation its even less palatable, and apparently people are too lazy to do their own...
What i miss most about the "good old days" is we used to get along a lot better even with our differences, now its every man for him self. A...
A non-commercial service in support of responsible home heating with wood - Too much charcoal? Here is the solution
I have a lot of ash, I did with all three EPA stoves I have owned, the thick barked Green Ash is the worst one for me to leave chunks on unburnt...
Nashua-32 years. Summit-2 or 3. Drolet-5 or so. Ideal steel-2 months.
Had a really nice log chain disappear about 20 years ago, i guess i left it in the woods somewhere, i am always setting stuff down and forgetting...
I hope I can find some SM before next heating season to try, its dried up for me right now, I have a little but not much, I really want to try...
You should like silver maple i would think, correct?